Monday, November 2, 2015

18 days until we leave!

I simply COULD NOT sleep last night...my mind was racing with so many ideas for the trip, things on our check list, and separately, people to pray for.  I love it when God gives us quiet hours to reflect and pray (and hopefully I'll get to rest a little bit today when the adrenaline wears off!).

It's an amazing thing how life is full of ups and downs, highs and lows, joy and sorry, all at the SAME time.  We have certainly experienced all of those in these past few weeks.  I am so grateful for this truth..."And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28

One of the joys was coming across the video footage from my visit to Rwanda 3 years ago, which I had "misplaced" on my computer in some obscure folder of pictures and videos.  I had one of my trip teammates record on an old iphone the entire time I spent with Grace and her family so that I could edit and show it later.  Well, first, it disappeared on my computer, and second, it was too long to fit into the one program I know how to use in order to edit.  Thankfully a sweet friend was able to work her magic, so here it is, just 2 1/2 minutes of what was a surreal and incredible blessing for me!

Click here to see our time together!

We've had great fundraisers, and we are truly thankful for the investments being made into our trip.  Someone was asking me about it recently and made the comment, "This is really a once in a lifetime opportunity for your kids."  The last couple of weeks I've been reflecting on that truth...that this will likely be the one and only time we do this as a family.  Once we've all had this learning experience, we will continue to advocate for what the Lord has called us to, and the best stewardship of time and resources will likely be to do that from our home base.  I pray that this 10 day trip to Rwanda is really only the beginning of how God uses us to help share the gospel and help alleviate poverty in some small way, for however many families He leads us into relationship with.

God is so good!

Pictures from our bake sale and Madeline's bracelets and necklaces that she made for fundraising...







No comments:

Post a Comment